Robotics is the branch of mechanical engineering and computer science that deals with the design, construction and operation of robots. It is linked to computer systems for their control, sensory feedback, and information processing. These technologies deal with automated machines that can take the place of humans in dangerous environments or manufacturing processes. They resemble humans in appearance, behavior, and cognition.
Robots will soon be everywhere, in our home and at work. They will change the way we live. This will raise many philosophical, social, and political questions that will have to be answered. In science fiction, robots become so intelligent that they decide to take over the world because humans are deemed inferior. In real life, however, they might not choose to do that.
Purposes of Future Robots:
- Robotized space vehicles and facilities
- General purpose robots with hands like humans used for factory jobs
- Intelligent robots for unmanned plants
- Totally automated factories will be commonplace.
- Robots for guiding blind people Robots for almost any job in home or hospital, including Robo-surgery.
- Housework robots for cleaning, washing etc
- Domestic robots will be small, specialized and attractive.